India is ready to have a remarkable space exploration journey. The chandrayaan-3 is going to represent India's position in the global space arena with the aim to get deeper into the mysteries of the moon , expanding the knowledge of the lunar world . Chandrayaan -3 is an ambitious , innovative mission that follows its predecessor Chandrayaan making commendable progress in space exploration .
The Indian space research organization (ISRO) launched Chandrayaan -3 mission from Satish Dhawan space center in Sriharikota Andhra Pradesh at 2:35 pm IST on Friday July 14 .
The objective of mission focuses on dInelivering vital insights into the lunar environment which help us comprehend the moon and its potential for human exploration in the future and to collect scientific data and exhibit advance technology
Sixteen minutes after liftoff the propulsion module successfully detached from the rocket and would orbit the earth 5-6 times in an elliptical cycle with 170 km closest to the earth and 36,500 km furthest from the earth , eventually setting into lunar orbit
Mission will cover a month with expected landing on August 23. It will run for one lunar day after arrival which is equivalent to 14 days on Earth .
S mohana Kumar ISRO mission director stated " I feel like my entire life's work has been worthwhile for this one moment " after mission lift off on Friday
Chandrayaan 2 ended as fail on September 7,2019 as contact was lost with lander 400 meters before landing
What makes Chandrayaan 3 different
● The orbiter , lander (Vikram) and River (pragyan) of chandrayaan 2 were replaced with indigenous propulsion module , lander module and rover for Chandrayan -3
● To have more strong connection Chandrayan-3 has more fuel as compared to chandrayaan -2
● Technological advancement of mission is remarkable in history of ISRO to examine lunar terrain laser Doppler velocity meter has been added
● While chandrayaan-2 craft had one camera which made difficult for ISRO to connect and have clear versions of space .chandrayaan-3 have 2 camera to have more clear visuals
● Due to the small site size which was 500m×500m chandrayaan 2 failed to land while in chandrayaan 3 area was expanded for landing to four km by 2.5km. So that it can softly land anywhere
● The cost effectiveness has played a major role as chandrayaan-2 was 1,000crore but now the cost is around 614 crore according to india times
● Learning from past mistake like engine failure , landing failure the Somanath mentioned they have now focused more towards better advance calculation and algorithms
Chandrayaan 2 is a lesson for chandrayaan 3 despite of setback as it give crucial knowledge and lesson in order to pinpoint areas for improvement and guarantee an even more successful second attempt
This mission makes use of learned information and expands on it to increase the likelihood that it will succeed in achieving its objectives
Chandrayaan 3 is a testament to India's ongoing dedication to moon exploration and advancing astronomical knowledge. This project has a lot of potential for the Indian space programme as well as the larger scientific community since it used improved technology , more focused aims and useful learning from earlier mission
Share This Post On
Leave a comment
You need to login to leave a comment. Log-in