Blog Business Entertainment Environment Health Latest News News Analysis Opinion Science Sports Technology World
Man Throws Petrol Bombs at Dover Migrant Centre Before Killing Himself

A man threw petrol bombs at the new Border Force immigration centre in Dover, Kent, and then killed himself, according to a Reuters photographer.


 


Reuters news agency had a photographer outside the migrant centre who witnessed the event take place this morning. The agency called the Kent Fire and Rescue Service, who arrived at the scene at 11:22am. 


 


The attacker was allegedly a white man in a checked shirt, who made his way up to the centre in a white SEAT SUV. He then threw three petrol bombs, only two of which went off, said the photographer. 


 


The witness managed to capture the moment the man threw one of the bombs from his car window. The image shows him holding a lighter as he tosses a container in the direction of the centre. 


 


According to Sky News, another witness, Brian Wood, said he was around 200 metres away from the centre when he heard “three bangs” and spotted smoke. “Then I heard alarms going and people yelling and shouting,” he said.


 


Kent police said in a statement one minor injury was reported and the suspected attacker has been “identified and located.” However, they could not confirm reports claiming the man had committed suicide. 


 


“Officers established that two to three incendiary devices had been thrown into a Home Office immigration premises,” they commented.  


 


A GB News journalist posted a video on social media which showed staff putting out a fire on the exterior wall of the immigration centre in the aftermath of the incident. 


 


The migrant centre where the attack took place houses people found by Border Force officials after crossing the Channel.


 


It comes in the midst of a sensitive debate surrounding immigration in Britain. Some people are criticising the government for being too weak on border control, whilst others believe asylum seekers are being treated unfairly.


 


The amount of people attempting to cross the Channel into England has spiked, with a reported 990 attempting the dangerous journey on Saturday. A record 40,000 have crossed this calendar year.


 


As reported by The Guardian, Clare Moseley, the founder of the Care4Calais campaign, said she was worried the attack had been partly down to recent anti-immigration rhetoric from politicians.


 


She said: “We are seeing an escalation in hate on social media and threats against our volunteers. The rhetoric from this government’s ministers is shocking and divisive. They call refugees in Calais ‘illegal immigrants’ despite extensive evidence they are genuine refugees in desperate need of help.”


 


She added that it would be “kinder and more effective” to help people instead.


Share This Post On

Tags: #immigration #dover #thechannel



0 comments

Leave a comment


You need to login to leave a comment. Log-in
Thesocialtalks.com is a Global Media House Initiative by Socialnetic Infotainment Private Limited.

TheSocialTalks was founded in 2020 as an alternative to mainstream media which is fraught with misinformation, disinformation and propaganda. We have a strong dedication to publishing authentic news that abides by the principles and ethics of journalism. We are an organisation driven by a passion for truth and justice in society.

Our team of journalists and editors from all over the world work relentlessly to deliver real stories affecting our society. To keep our operations running, We need sponsors and subscribers to our news portal. Kindly sponsor or subscribe to make it possible for us to give free access to our portal and it will help writers and our cause. It will go a long way in running our operations and publishing real news and stories about issues affecting us.

Your contributions help us to expand our organisation, making our news accessible to more everyone and deepening our impact on the media.

Support fearless and fair journalism today.


Related