It is another gift from SSP Abhishek Yadav to Muzaffarnagar. It was inaugurated by children. Kumari Prakriti, a student of class III, the daughter of a head constable, inaugurated the first state-of-the-art library of the Police Department with a ribbon-cutting. Facilities like free internet will be available in this library. The library contains more than a thousand books. It is the first library in UP which has been built for police and their known ones.
What are the qualities of this library?
- The library is fully air-conditioned and reading here is free of cost. In this library, along with inspirational books, newspapers and magazines are also available.
- Anyone who is preparing for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, UP PCS, NDA, CDS, TET, etc., can get the necessary books from here.
- Any kind of study books for students from class 1st to 12th are also available.
- Four computers have also been installed in the library for any online study.
- Books are also available for purchase.
- Any person associated with the police department can sit and study in this library and use the computer free of charge for one hour daily.
- Along with reading books in the library, you will also be able to use the free internet for an hour.
- If a person wants to read a book by taking it home, then he will get a monthly allowance of Rs 50. A subscription has to be made to take the books home .
Along with this, the computers installed in the library can be used according to the need. At the same time, a suggestion/complaint box has also been put up in the library, in which any kind of suggestions or complaints can be dropped in which will be taken cognizance of and action will be taken by the SSP.
How is this going to help policemen and their relatives?
As students always need a peaceful environment to concentrate on their studies, finding a peaceful environment in a populated area like Muzaffarnagar is very difficult. So, this library will provide a suitable environment for them where they can search, read and learn anything free of cost and peacefully. Abhishek Yadav, SSP, also said "a lot of police relatives and their known ones are preparing for competitive exams and we have taken a step to ease their hard work and to provide them with a peaceful space to study." This library is open to all. There are no restrictions based on age and gender. Anybody can come here to read and learn. As children have their online classes in these difficult times, they can easily attend their online classes free of cost.
The responsibility of the library has been given to constable Abhishek Tyagi, who also loves reading books. He stated that "Within one day, around 200 people have joined it and the number is still increasing".
Why do we need these types of libraries?
Nowadays, many children are interested in joining civil services and, it requires proper guidance and proper study materials to crack the entrance exam. Students from low-income families cannot afford tutoring and cannot afford to purchase the expensive books required for exam preparation. As said by a constable in Muzaffarnagar, Nisha Choudhary, she wanted to join the army but was not able to do so because she did not get proper facilities for her studies, such as books and the environment. Later, she was given the post of constable in the UP police. Now she is preparing for civil service exams and, with the help of this library, she will get full access.
So, just like her, many children are unable to fulfil their dreams due to limited access. If these libraries are built in the appropriate locations, they may be a blessing for not only children but for anybody who wants to learn.
In current times when everything is getting digital, for those who cannot afford the digital equipment, these kinds of libraries are very beneficial as they can use the internet and read books too.
Recently, SSP has also opened a police cafe on police lines, which serves clean and healthy food for police personnel. So, this was a great initiative by the SSP to support police personnel and let them achieve their dreams. We need more people like him who are devoted to their work and want to serve the country's future.
Share This Post On
Leave a comment
You need to login to leave a comment. Log-in