Blog Business Entertainment Environment Health Latest News News Analysis Opinion Science Sports Technology World
UGC proposed guidelines: Institutes can get up to 40% of course content from other sources for online degrees.

According to the draft guidelines prepared by the University Grants Commission, higher education institutions offering online degrees source up to 40% of the course content from outside, and the remaining 60% internally with the support of educational technology companies can be developed.


However, the ed-tech companies designated as technology service providers in the amended draft of the UGC (Open and Distance Learning Programs and Online Programmes) Regulations 2020 have no right to promote the content developed with their help as their own.


The respective higher education institutes shall have full ownership of the intellectual property rights relating to in-house developed content, states the draft regulations uploaded by the UGC on their website for suggestions and feedback until March 15, 2022.


UGC Chairman M. Jagadesh Kumar said the guidelines are in line with the National Education Policy 2020, which proposes to encourage top institutions accredited to deliver online and distance learning programs to develop high-quality online courses.


As per the guidelines, the option to source content from external sources will not be mandatory for organizations that will be free to develop 100% internal content as well.


It gives us the ability to gather information from outside sources so that students do not have to struggle to seek suitable online courses to study and build their credit bank. The universities will do the research and provide students with choices, according to a senior UGC official.


Share This Post On

Tags: #UGC #Online #Guidelines #Distance #Learning #Open #and #Programs #Degrees



0 comments

Leave a comment


You need to login to leave a comment. Log-in
TheSocialTalks was founded in 2020 as an alternative to mainstream media which is fraught with misinformation, disinformation and propaganda. We have a strong dedication to publishing authentic news that abides by the principles and ethics of journalism. We are a not-for-profit organisation driven by a passion for truth and justice in society.

Our team of journalists and editors from all over the world work relentlessly to deliver real stories affecting our society. To keep our operations running, we depend on support in the form of donations. Kindly spare a minute to donate to support our writers and our cause. Your financial support goes a long way in running our operations and publishing real news and stories about issues affecting us. It also helps us to expand our organisation, making our news accessible to more everyone and deepening our impact on the media.

Support fearless and fair journalism today.


Related