- Algeria announced the suspension of the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation with Spain, and this is due to Spain's position on the Algerian-Moroccan dispute
- Algeria believes that Spain's position is contrary to international legitimacy, which is imposed on it by its status as a managing power
- Spain expressed its regret over this decision, which comes after the escalation of tension between the two countries
- This tension came because of the Spanish Foreign Minister's response to the Algerian president's statements, which angered the Algerian Foreign Ministry.
- This decision caused concern for the Spanish government over Algerian gas exports, but the Algerian president stressed Algeria's commitment to supplying Spain with gas.
Share This Post On
Leave a comment
You need to login to leave a comment. Log-in