#TrendingNews Blog Business Entertainment Environment Health Lifestyle News Analysis Opinion Science Sports Technology World News
Acid Attacker still on the loose after four days

It has been four days since Abdul Ezedi, attacked a 31-year-old woman and her two children aged three and eight. Police have been urging the public to come forward with information about the suspected chemical attacker. The police have released two images of white plastic bottles with warnings about corrosive substances, which may be linked to the attack at 7:35 pm on Wednesday 31st January.


Police investigation reports reveal that Ezedi's vehicle was spotted in Newcastle on Wednesday, just after midnight. Six and a half hours later, the car was sighted in Tooting, South London. Later that afternoon, the car was seen in Croydon, and around 7 p.m. Abdul Ezedi was seen with his car, in Lessar Avenue, the place where the incident took place. This close-knit road is across Clapham Common. The residents were startled on hearing the woman's yelling and crashing of the car into another parked car. An eyewitness claimed to have heard the woman yelling, "Leave me alone; I have to get back to work”. People hurried to help the 31-year-old mother and her children who had been attacked apparently. 


Search warrants were issued by officers from the National Crime Agency, Northumbria police, British transport police, and metropolitan police to search two East London residents and three Newcastle addresses of Abdul Ezedi’s.


Police in Newcastle searched Abdul Ezedi's flat seeking the body-worn camera footage that showed a kettle next to the kitchen sink and a pair of shoes on a bedside table in the sparsely finished, "white-walled apartment.”  


The Met's Commander, Jon Savel, praised everyone who got in touch with officers with information about the culprit and stated that the search for Ezedi is still ongoing. "Every single piece of information has been recorded and form part of our investigation," Savel said, referring to the numerous calls he had received with information, including reports of potential sightings.


Additionally, Sky News has claimed that the 31-year-old woman was romantically involved with Ezedi, raising the possibility of domestic violence. She is “critical but stable", according to the hospital. Her daughters, aged eight and three years old, were also hurt in the incident alongside nine individuals, and their wounds are not as severe as initially believed by the doctors.


Ezedi, a 35-year-old Afghan, arrived in the UK in 2016 in a lorry. He has announced a suspension statement after being convicted of sexual assault and exposure in 2018. After two unsuccessful efforts, he was granted refugee status by 2022, presumably because he turned into a Christian.  Conservative MPs believe that the process of granting him refugee status should be looked at.

Photo source: Pinterest

Editor: Jaya Jha

Share This Post On


Leave a comment

You need to login to leave a comment. Log-in