Ever since the United States Air Force shot down a Chinese balloon that entered their airspace last week, more and more unidentified flying objects have been sighted across the US and Canada.
So far, the US fighter jets have shot down a total of four objects in the last 10 days.
The initial object that entered US airspace was claimed to be a “spy” balloon although China has denied this accusation, stating that it was in fact a meteorological research balloon. Beijing has also condemned the actions of the US, saying that it “seriously violated international practice”.
Following that, another unidentified flying object was shot down 10 miles off the coast of Alaska on February 10. Then, another one was downed the next day by a US F-22 stealth fighter over Canada.
The object over Alaska was said to be considerably smaller than the Chinese Balloon, “about the size of a small car”, and its purpose or origin remains unknown so far. According to John Kirby, the spokesman for the National Security Council, the pilot that brought down the object judged it to be unmanned.
The latest UFO incident happened over Lake Huron on Sunday 12 where the US military scrambled F-16 fighter jets to strike down an “octagonal” flying object with missiles. This was on the orders of US President Joe Biden due to concerns that the object’s low altitude and flight path could endanger civilian planes.
According to US officials, search teams have been sent to recover debris from the wreckages of all downed objects in order to identify them. It may take time for the searches on land and sea to locate the crash sites due to severe weather conditions.
Image from The Guardian:
US Air Force general Glen VanHerck told reporters that though he could not determine how the three objects shot down in the last week stayed afloat, he was not calling them balloons for a reason.
Announcing via Twitter on Saturday 11, the Canadian Prime Minister said, “Canadian Forces will now recover and analyze the wreckage of the object. Thank you to NORAD for keeping the watch over North America.”
So far China has only claimed ownership over the large balloon shot down off the coast of South Carolina on February 4. Beijing has yet to comment on the latest unidentified flying objects that were downed in US airspace.
However, China has responded to the initial allegations of sending “spy balloons” into US airspace by saying that the US has also flown balloons into their airspace more than 10 times in the past year.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said on Monday during a press briefing, “It's not uncommon as well for the US to illegally enter the airspace of other countries.” However, the White House has denied this.
Share This Post On
Leave a comment
You need to login to leave a comment. Log-in